Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Twilight Saga

I know I reviewed Twilight last year, but I'm going to lump my reviews of the 3 other books in the series into one.

New Moon was a good, quick read. I enjoyed the development of Jacob's character and I enjoyed the twist to the series found in this book.

Eclipse was pretty good, too. I particularly liked the development of the love triangle between Edward, Bella and Jacob. By the end of this book, I was definitely on Team Jacob!

I found Breaking Dawn to be disturbing from the outset and it progressively became more so as it went along. In the end, I chose not to finish this book because I was unhappy with the direction the book was going and, according to Miss Meyer's vampire and werewolf "rules", there could be no going back. She took a major departure from her previous books and it didn't go well, to say the least.

New Moon: 3 out of 5
Eclipse: 4 out of 5
Breaking Dawn: did not finish

No comments: