Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Restorer: The Sword of Lyric

This was a pretty good read. My first experience with Christian Fantasy fiction didn't go so well as I never finished Legend of the Firefish. I did enjoy this book. I'm always a sucker for a fish out of water story and this definitely qualifies. Susan is a discouraged housewife who finds herself dropped into an alternate universe with no idea how she got there or what the rules are there. The People of the Verses are also followers of God, but they call Him the One. He has sent Susan to them "at a time of great need" to help bring the People's hearts "back to the Verses" or scriptures. It wasn't heavy handed at all and dealt with how we all need to rely on God as our ultimate Protector. It also demonstrates quite clearly how a people that turn their back on God cannot survive. An interesting caution for our own country and one I wish more people would heed.

Recommended: 3 out of 5

No comments: